Episode 52 is an easy one. You've seen me do sugar a couple of times, and even brown sugar too. This is just an easy breezy extension of that.
You'll want to get familiar with alcohol tinctures (I really like the method described in the pot pantry prep video). And then you'll want to make sure you have a strong blender, food processor or another grinder.
- 7 grams Whole cannabis flower
- 4 ounces Everclear, or other high proof grain alcohol
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Baking sheet
- Mason jar
- Cheesecloth and mesh strainer
- Measuring spoon
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees. Roughly chop cannabis flower. Spread it evenly across the baking sheet (optional: cover with tin foil). Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Add flower to mason jar and cover with 1/2 of the alcohol. Mash with a spoon, or seal lid and shake, for 3 minutes. Strain flower from the alcohol; return flower to mason jar; cover with the remaining alcohol; mash or shake again for 3 minutes. Strain flower from the alcohol and discard flower. Store all of the tincture in a clean airtight container in a cool dark place.
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread 1/2 cup sugar on a baking sheet. Add 1-2 tablespoons of tincture to sugar and mix well to incorporate. Bake sugar for 1 hour, checking/mixing every 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
- Add sugar to a blender or food processor and blend it until it becomes a fine powder.