Sometimes you just want an easy edible that you don’t have to think a lot about. I hear you. The last few weeks that’s about all I’ve been able to manage. Between seasonal depression and also the never-ending poo storm that is society compounded with the pandemic, it’s been a miracle I’ve showered nearly every day. Some days that’s all I can accomplish.
I’ve seen a lot of folks around the interwebs infusing snacks that came from the grocery store. I thought it sounded too good to be true. It’s not. It’s incredibly easy. All you need is a little infused oil and an oven.
You can watch me infuse cheetos, cheezits and chips on my youtube channel right now.
- coconut oil
- your favorite snacks
- mason jar
- sauce pot
- strainer and cheesecloth
- baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Loosely break up your cannabis flower. Spread it in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 45 minutes. Optional: cover baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Place decarbed cannabis in a mason jar. Cover with coconut oil (I like to do 1/8th ounce of cannabis per 1/4 cup of oil). Add lid to jar, finger tight. Boil jar in saucepot full of water (start with the jar in cold water) for 1.5-2 hours (or longer it’s up to you).
- Strain out cannabis flower from the oil.
- Turn oven down to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the desired amount of snack food. Drizzle as much or as little infused oil over the snacks. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread snacks on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake in oven for 30-60 minutes. Check on them every 10-20 minutes. They’ll be ready as soon as they start to look dry again.
- Eat and enjoy.
See? Could that be any easier?