This episode was a Facebook follower request that I just had to jump on. Infused coffee creamer. I decided to jazz it up and not just make a plain old creamer, but make a fall flavored favorite like Peppermint Mocha.
And since I’m extra nice, I even included a recipe below for pumpkin spice flavored creamer, despite my strong distate for PSL. I’m not going to bore you with a long winded explanation about why Peppermint Mocha creamer is tasty and good or why I picked it because I have a feeling you’re really only here for the recipe and not my musings on the differences between peppermint and spearmint.
- 1 16 ounce can of whole fat coconut milk (or 2 cups of heavy cream)
- 1 cup of almond milk (or 1 cup of skim/low fat milk)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup of Cannasugar (or regular sugar)
- 2 sprigs of mint
- Up to 1/4 cup Infused Almond Oil – amount depends on your preferance and needed strength
- Liquid measuring cup
- Sauce pan
- Airtight container for storage
- Decarb cannabis and infuse almond oil in a mason jar using the hot water bath method.
- Add both milks (dairy or nondairy) and get them warm enough to melt the dry ingredients.
- Once warm, add all other ingredients to pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, bring down to a simmer and whisk the mixture continuously for 5 minutes.
- Strain out mint leaves and store in an airtight jar for up to a week in the fridge.
For pumpkin spice, replace the cocoa powder and the mint with:
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: replace the sugar with 1/4 cup of maple syrup
Powdered milk version:
- Replace liquid milk with 2 cups of powdered milk (or powdered coconut milk)
- Replace sugar with powdered sugar
- Replace mint leaves with mint extract
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor