In this episode of Lunch With Lo, we’re making a classic, forever favorite: Banana Bread. The original recipe for this snack came from my husband’s step-mother, who bakes a loaf for us to take home every time we go to visit. It’s delicious and moist and dense and I love it.
It’s also an incredibly easy recipe to make, needing only a few tools. For the infusion method please head over to episode 3, the bacon fat episode, or episode 16, the water method.
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of cannabis-infused unsalted melted butter
- pinch of salt
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Standard loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Thoroughly grease loaf pan with butter, shortening, or oil. Baker’s choice.
- Add all wet ingredients (melted butter, egg, and bananas) and sugar to bowl and quickly whisk together.
- Add in dry ingredients (salt, flour, baking soda).
- Whisk until fully blended.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. Level out with a spatula or by lightly tapping the pan down on your counter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool before trying to cut or remove from pan.
That’s a pretty easy recipe if you ask me.