In episode 49 of Pot Lunch with Lo, I’m showing you how to make cannabis-infused salted caramel for a delicious fall snack: caramel dipped apple slices.
For this recipe, I used the cannabutter that I made in episode number 46: Pot Pantry Prep.
To make the butter, decarboxylate your cannabis in an oven that has been preheated to 240 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. Then add your flower, and butter to a mason jar. Add the mason jar to a large pot of cold water, and bring that up to a boil for 1.5-2 hours. If you need to add more water to your pot, make sure to add hot water (hot from your tap is fine).
- Medium-sized saucepot
- Measuring cups, spoon
- Airtight container
- 200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 90g (6 tbs) cannabis-infused butter
- 120ml (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat sugar over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepot. Use a pot larger than you think. Stir constantly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Once the sugar has melted completely, add butter one piece at a time and stir until it’s fully incorporated until adding the next piece.
- Once all of the butter has been incorporated, slowly stream in the heavy cream, stirring the entire time. Once added fully, let the mixture boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add the salt. Allow cooling a bit before using. Store in an airtight container in your fridge. Gently warm up in the microwave as needed.
- Dip apple slices into it
- Pour into molds to make soft buttery caramels
- Make caramel hot chocolate or salted caramel coffee
- Top your holiday pies or desserts with it
Watch this episode down below and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel on YouTube.