It’s been incredibly hot here in Colorado Springs. And hot, sweaty, summer days call for icy, refreshing, popsicles. When I was a kid, that’s all I wanted in the summer during the day. One thousand popsicles please, mom, thank you.
Now that I’m older, I still love a frosty popsicle on a hot day, but my palette has evolved and requires something a little more flavorful and well rounded than those sugar water pops I inhaled as a kid. And if it could have a bit of a cannabis infusion, I wouldn’t complain.
I love making infused popsicles. I find that the slower consumption through the mouth works better for me when medicating. I get the best effect.
For this recipe, I used a quick tincture. I just quickly decarbed my flower for 15 minutes in an oven that was preheated to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Then I added 4 grams of decarbed flower to 4 ounces of Everclear in a mason jar, and shook the jar for 10 minutes.
- 4 Lemons, juiced (equivalent to 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 3/4 cup Filtered Water
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lavender Flowers
- Popsicle Molds
- Tincture, as much as needed for your dose.
- In a medium saucepan, add filter water, sugar, and lavender flowers, and bring to a simmer. Just enough to melt down the sugar and fully incorporate it into the water. Remove from heat and let the flowers steep. Longer is better but at least 1 hour.
- Strain out the lavender flowers from the syrup into a large glass measuring cup.
- Add the fresh lemon juice, tincture to the lavender simple syrup, and blend well.
- Divide the lemonade mixture evenly between the molds.
- Freeze for 4 + hours, or overnight.
- Enjoy once frozen.
Watch me make this recipe by clicking here, or below.