I am so excited about this week’s episode. Hummus is one of my favorite snacks. Whether I’m slathering it on some pita or munching on some carrots, it’s a staple in my home. I don’t know why I didn’t think of infusing it sooner since it’s incredibly easy to make and the high fat content makes it an excellent vessel for cannabis.
I used this recipe from Epicurious as a starting point, but veered a little off. I omitted the lemon juice in my video, but I do recommend adding it in for a smoother consistency and to add some complexity to the flavor profile.
- 1 16-ounce can, or 2 cups, drained chickpeas, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 cloves (or 2 tablespoons minced) Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- Optional: Juice of 1 Lemon
- Liquid measuring cup
- Food Processor or Blender
- Infuse oil with cannabis of your choice (something with a lot of Pinene or Limonene would be good). Start by decarbing your cannabis in the oven and then follow the method in either the Bacon Fat episode, or the Honey episode.
- Add all ingredients, with the exception of the reserved chickpea water, into your food processor or blender and turn it on.
- Once the ingredients are mostly blended, add water a little at a time.
- When it looks and/or feels like it’s the right consistency, scoop into an airtight container or bowl to serve. You can garnish with fresh parsley if you feel so inclined although it’s not necessary.