Caramel corn is such an easy, delicious snack to make and it’s even better when infused. The combination of salty and sweet is a hard one to beat. Not going to lie, I ate this whole batch of kief infused caramel corn in about a week. No self control, what can I say. *shrugs*
The great thing about this recipe is that the caramel sauce can be used to candy up almost anything you can imagine. And it only takes a few minutes and few ingredients to get it right.
This is a fast recipe, so make sure to read through all of the instructions and have all of the tools and ingredients handy before you begin.
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, the more buttery the better
- 1/4 cup of infused cannabutter (check this recipe for the infusion method)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Small pot
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees fahrenheit.
- Make popcorn, then spread out on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- In a small pot, combine butter, brown sugar, and light corn syrup. Combine thoroughly and allow to boil.
- Once it starts boiling, let it continue to boil for three minutes. Don’t stir, just set a timer and walk away.
- At three minutes, remove the pot from the heat then quickly stir in the vanilla and baking soda. Blend and stir until the caramel is a consistent light brown color.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and turn the popcorn over to coat as evenly and completely as possible.
- Put cookie sheet in the oven for 1 hour, checking every 20 minutes to toss and continue to even out the coating.
- Allow the caramel corn to cool a bit before breaking it up into smaller pieces.
This recipe makes about 7 cups of caramel corn. I dosed them at 100mg/cup. But if I was making this to share with friends, especially those who don’t use edibles much, I’d cut that down to about 20mg/cup.