Do you like your iced tea sweet or unsweet? I kind of like them both but it really depends on the day which one I would grab first.
This recipe is definitely sweet. And it is also delicious. I took my cannasugar recipe to make some peach simple syrup to make this delcious, seasonal iced tea. Perfect for the last few scorching hot days of summer over the labor day weekend.
Cannasugar is the only infused ingredient in this recipe so you really ought to go back and watch that episode if you’re unfamiliar with the method.
- 1/2 cup of Cannabis-infused Sugar
- 1/2 cup of White Sugar
- 1 cup of Water
- 3 Peaches
- 1/4 tsp citric acid (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
- 2 Iced Tea Bags (or however many you need to make 6-7 total cups of tea)
- 3 cups Hot Water
- 3 cups Cold Water
- Cutting Board
- Medium Sauce Pot
- Iced Tea Pitcher/Container
- Small Jar for Extra Simple Syrup
- Make cannasugar, if you don’t already have a supply on hand
- Add water, both sugars, and citric acid to medium sauce pot to start the boiling process.
- While water and sugar is starting to boil, begin cutting up the peaches. Don’t worry too much about size and consistency. It can be a rough cut, you’re just looking to expose the flesh enough to get the flavor. You’re not going to eat the peaches (well, you can but it’s not going to be part of the drink).
- Add peaches to sugar/water mixture and allow to boil for 20-30 minutes.
- Begin brewing tea according to your iced tea box’s instructions.
- Strain peaches from the syrup. Measure out up to 1 cup of syrup to mix in to your tea. If you add 1 cup of syrup, that will equal about 1 tablespoon of syrup per cup of tea.
- Chill and serve over ice with a sprig of mint.