This week’s Lunch With Lo is a snack-sized follow up to the Infused Pumpkin Pie episode. That is right, I’m finally showing off how to make that cannabis-infused whipped cream featured on top of that beautiful, delicious piece of pumpkin pie.
On its own, this whipped cream did have a strong cannabis flavor, but that dissipates when mixed with the pumpkin pie. I think this would make an excellent quick cake frosting, but perhaps it might make sense to add some stronger flavors.
Check out the recipe below and let me know if you tried it out!
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 TBS Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Cannabis (weight, and strain of your choosing)
- Hand mixer, standing mixer, or whisk
- Liquid measuring cup
- Cheese cloth
- Mesh strainer
- Measuring spoons
- Baking sheet
- Sauce pot
- Medium to large sized mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit
- Measuring and grind cannabis flower and spread on lined baking sheet.
- Bake cannabis for 30 minutes to an hour. Cannabis is done decarboxylating when it’s a light golden brown color throughout.
- Pour heavy cream into a small sauce pot and add the decarbed cannabis. Blend with a whisk. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain flower from heavy cream, pour into an airtight container, and allow cream to chill 1-2 hours, or overnight in fridge.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl add cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla then whip or whisk quickly and vigorously until small, soft peaks begin to form.
- Store in an airtight container and mark with the same expiration date as the heavy cream carton.