I’m doing things a little different this week and not so much showing off a recipe as I am showing how to take any recipe from any cookbook or website and turn it into a delicious cannabis-infused treat.
The recipe in question is from The Kitchenista’s Holiday Cookbook, which I highly encourage you to purchase and try out some recipes. The mac and cheese recipe alone is worth the price of the entire book. This is not a sponsored post, I just really love this cookbook. I infused the Eggnog Bread Pudding with about 400mg of THC. I also made only a half batch of the bread pudding because I’m the only one who is eating it.
It’s actually pretty easy to infuse any old recipe once you have the basics down. For this recipe, I tried a new-to-me infusion method which takes just 15 minutes after decarbing.
Method for the infusion:
- Decarb you cannabis in an oven that has been preheated to 230 degrees fahrenheit. Lay it out in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in sauce pan over stove top. Use a thermometer to monitor the temperature. Once the butter reaches 200 degrees fahrenheit, add the decarbed cannabis to the butter.
- Optional: add an equal part of water to prevent the butter from burning or browning.
- Maintain the temperature at 200 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Strain out flower material and store butter in an airtight container.
In my opinion, this quick method did work well. However, it was hard to tell if this helped reduce the cannabis flavor in the dessert. Mainly because there was not a huge amount of butter in the recipe overall, and there were a few other spices and flavors that were a little more pungent than the small amount of kief I infused into the butter.