If you’ve been around the blog or the channel since the beginning, you know I’m a pretty big fan of infusing cannabis into bacon fat. So when I happened to come across a recipe to infuse the bacon directly, you know I had to try it. The original recipe was on Cannadish, I believe, but I changed some of the instructions as I don’t believe you have to cook it as low and as slow as they recommended. I was correct in this belief.
For this recipe, I used 2 grams of whole cannabis flower, and 1 pound of bacon. The cannabis was about 20% THC, which means that each piece of bacon was around 50mg. Although, with the amount of drippings left over, it was probably more like 25mg. Good enough to have at breakfast without completely ruining me for the rest of the day.
- 1 lb of thick cut bacon
- 2 grams of ground cannabis flower
- Baking sheet
- Decarboxylate your cannabis flower in the oven at 235 degrees fahrenheit for about 45 minutes. It should look a little brown like when you empty your dry flower vaporizer, and it should be dry.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lay out bacon, evenly spaced, on a baking sheet. Evenlly sprinkle decarbed cannabis over the bacon.
- Bake for about an hour, checking every 20 minutes or so that it is cooking evenly. Flip as needed.
- Let cooked bacon drain over a rack or on paper towels. Strain leftover bacon grease on baking sheet into an airtight container to use in other recipes.
If you’re prepping the bacon in advance for breakfasts and what not, I recommend under cooking it a bit so that you can warm it up in a frying pan.