Mayonnaise is a pretty basic ingredient in a lot of dishes. I know it's commonly given a bad rep because it's bland but that just makes it a good vehicle for other flavors. Mayonnaise can be used as a base for a salad dressing, for dips, and of course it's great on a sandwich. It's also made mostly with oil which means it's perfect for infusing with cannabis.
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar (your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup of neutral flavored oil (grapeseed is a good choice)
- Measuring spoon
- Measuring cup
- Mesh Strainer
- Heat safe glass jar and lid (like a canning jar/mason jar)
- Food processor, blender, or hand mixer
- Preheat oven to 235 degrees fahrenheit
- Grind up cannabis and spread evenly on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake cannabis for 30 minutes.
- Measure a little over 1 cup of oil into your mason jar. Add the cannabis. Seal the jar (but not so tight you won't be able to open it later, it will tighten with the heat). Set the jar in a pot of water, making sure the water comes just past the level of the oil in the jar. Bring the water to a low boil for about an hour.
- Strain the cannabis out through a strainer and cheese cloth. Squeeze out any excess oil.
- Allow the oil to come to room temperature before proceeding.
- Add water, vinegar, salt and egg yolks to the bowl of a food processor (or a blender). Pulse the food processor a few times to blend the mixture.
- Turn on food processor and slowly begin pouring your infused oil through the top. You need to take this slow or the oil will not emulsify into the eggs. They do not want to mix. This will take about three minutes.
- Continue blending until all the oil is thoroughly mixed.
- Store in an airtight container (perhaps that mason jar you used to infuse the oil, just make sure you clean it first).