Brown sugar is an essential ingredient in any kitchen. Whether you like to bake or make your own sauces and glazes. It’s needed in a variety of recipes. And now that I feel I have mastered the art of making cannasugar I thought it was time to take the next step and make my own cannabis-infused brown sugar.
To make cannabis brown sugar, I pretty much just took my stovetop tincture recipe to make regular white cannasugar. After the oven drying process, you just add one tablespoon of molasses per cup of white sugar and blend it together. It’s so simple to make and will give you even more possibilities for cannabis-infused foods.
- mason jar
- small sauce pot
- mesh strainer
- baking sheet
- mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees Fahrenheit
- Roughly break up cannabis flower and spread evenly across a baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes. Tossing once or twice to evenly cook.
- Place the now decarboxylated cannabis in a mason jar and fill with Everclear until just covered. Loosely place the lid on the mason jar (EMPHASIS ON LOOSE). Place in a small sauce pot and fill pot with water until it reaches the same level as the Everclear and cannabis in the jar. Bring the water to a light boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the flower from your tincture. Allow tincture to come to room temperature before proceeding so as not to melt the sugar.
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add sugar to mixing bowl (amount depends on how much cannabis you’ve used, but in my experience, you should use at least a cup). Pour tincture over and then whisk/mix together until the tincture is evenly distributed.
- Spread sugar and tincutre mixture across your lined baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Making sure to stir and mix every 20 minutes.
- Once the cannasugar is dried, pour it into a mixing bowl and add 1 tablespoon of molasses per cup of sugar. Blend thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container.