In episode 41 of Lunch With Lo, I whipped up two versions of this delicious dessert from The Adventure Bite: Lavender Honey Posset.
I’m not going to reprint the recipe from the Adventure Bite because I more or less followed it word for word for both the cream and the coconut milk versions, with the exception of using coconut milk in place of the heavy cream, and adding 1 packet of flavored gelatin. I also halved the recipe so that I wasn’t stuck with 16 ramekins full of posset.
I am going to share the recipe for infusing each kind of milk.
- 1 pint of heavy cream OR 1 can of coconut milk (14-16 ounces)
- 3.5 grams of cannabis flower
- 1 gram of kief
- Sheet pan
- Double boiler (or a sauce pot and a metal bowl)
- Mesh strainer
- Candy Thermometer
- Airtight container for storage
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Roughly break up cannabis flower and mix with kief. Place on a sheet pan. Covering it is optional. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow cannabis to cool and come to room temperature.
- Set up a double boiler and add milk. Stir in cannabis. Allow to simmer for at least one hour, but you can allow to simmer for as long as you’d like. Take care to add more water to the pot as needed.
- Strain plant material from the milk through a cheesecloth-lined mesh strainer.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.