It’s been a while since I’ve posted a new Lunch w/ Lo and I hope you haven’t been too annoyed about that. To be honest, the state of the world has taken a bit of a toll on me and I just need a couple of weeks to gather myself.
I imagine that’s true for most people who can think and breathe.
This week, I’m bringing you a super easy recipe that’s sure to impress at a small socially distant summer gathering (I mean it guys, six feet, and wear your masks).
For this recipe, you’ll need to get refamiliar with infusing honey. I used 3.5 grams of flower and 1 gram of kief for the honey.
Ingredients for Honey
- 1 cup of Honey
- baking sheet
- small pot
- mesh strainer
- airtight container
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Roughly break up your cannabis flower and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Add honey and cannabis to a small saucepot and bring to a low simmer for 1 hour to 1.5 hours.
- Strain cannabis from honey and store in an airtight jar.
Easy peasy! If you want to remove a step from making the whipped feta, you can also add your chili flakes and apple cider vinegar in the last 10 minutes of simmering your honey and cannabis.
Now here’s the method for making the whipped feta
- 4 ounces sheep or goat’s milk feta cheese (the kind in the brine)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- small sauce pot
- food processor or blender
- measuring spoons
- serving bowl
- Pour honey into a saucepot and bring to a low simmer. Add chili flakes and apple cider vinegar and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes. Optional: strain out the chili flakes.
- In a food processor, add all the cheese and yogurt. Blend until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl with honey drizzled on top of the whipped feta with crackers, pita bread, or sliced fruit like apples or pears.
This recipe was adapted from My Kitchen Little.