I don’t know about you, but I’m a PSP (Pretty Sweaty Person). And these hot sunny days of summer mean I need to keep as many cool treats on hand to keep myself comfortable. Sometimes that’s some delicious coconut milk ice cream, sometimes it’s the fruit I’ve kept in the fridge for this very purpose, and sometimes it’s coming up with a random ass recipe in the middle of the week because you’ve got a bag of rose petals on hand.
This week, I’m showing you that last one.
If you need to get familiar with making cannabis-infused sugar, I’m going to direct you to episode 14 of Lunch With Lo. I do go over it in the video, but that is where you’ll find the full method.
This recipe also uses rose water. I made my own with 3/4 cup of dried rose petals and 4 1/2 cups of water simmered together on my stovetop until the rose petals looked diluted and pale. It took about 20 minutes. It’s very easy to make, but you can also get it at plenty of stores.
- 1 cup cannasugar
- 4 cups rose water
- 1/2 tsp lemon flavoring
- alternative: if you don’t have lemon flavoring, replace 1 cup of rose water with 1 cup of unsweetened lemonade
- measuring cup
- ice cream maker (or two plastic bags, lots of ice and salt)
- Mix all of the ingredients together until the sugar dissolves (this can be done by heating the rose water in a microwave for a minute, or over the stovetop).
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour in the mixture. Allow to tumble for 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in your freezer.