You guys, I am so excited about this week’s episode of Lunch With Lo. I’m finally bringing you a full, delicious, stand alone salad that’s actually perfect for lunch and the warming weather.
I know it’s a salad but it is decidedly not vegan or vegetarian friendly because I used the infused bacon fat from episode 3, however, you can easily replace the bacon fat infusion with vegetable oil in your dressing (I’m going to recommend olive oil, but it’s your choice).
I actually eat some version of this salad most days for lunch. Not always infused though.
I also say in the video that the total dose of the full batch of dressing was only 150mg, this was a mistake because I don’t understand measurements. There was probably closer to 1000mg in the full batch. Oops. Don’t worry I was fine, that was more what I was going for. But that meant each salad had more like 100-200mg/serving. If I were to make this for a friend who doesn’t smoke much or take edibles, I would have made a significantly less potent dressing closer to 150mg/bottle.
Infused Poppyseed Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs infused bacon fat (or oil of your choosing)
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard (or healthy squirt of regular yellow mustard)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- Optional, and recommended if you’re not using candied nuts or something particularly sweet in your salad, a drizzle of honey
- Finely grate or chop the shallot and add to blender cup
- Add the rest of the ingredients to blender cup. If using bacon fat, make sure to melt before adding to blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Note: If you don’t have a blender, or immersion blender, or food processor, you’ll need to chop the shallot as finely as you can manage and then you can whip it all together with a whisk in a bowl.
Arugula Salad for Four:
- 6-8 cups fresh baby arugula
- 4-6 oz sheep’s milk feta in brine
- 1/2 cup poppyseed dressing
- 1/4-1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4-1/2 cup candied pecans