One of my favorite desserts/snacks are chocolate chip cookies. I like to take it up a notch by throwing bacon fat in there. It’s saltiness balances out the sweetness of the cookie and chocolate. The ultimate delicacy when you’re feeling the munchies creep on.
For this recipe, I used a standing mixer because it’s easier. But if you don’t have one, you can still make this by hand.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup bacon fat
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soad
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease cookie sheet.
- Soften butter and bacon fat enough to be blended.
- Add butter, fat, both sugars, the egg, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and cream together.
- Once creamed, add flour, baking soda, and salt to bowl to mix. If mixing by hand, add dry ingredients slowly.
- Add and blend in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into 9 or 12 equal parts.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove when cookies look almost done.